Confessions, Family

The Best Birthday Tradition

Several years ago I started a new tradition for my husband’s birthday. I’ve written about it in the past, and will make a point to link this post to it. Anywho! Here’s the short version: His birthday is today, December 15, and as a kid he rarely received birthday presents and Christmas presents. So, I made it a point to make his birthday special every year. Nowadays, his birthday starts on December 1st and he gets a present everyday until December 15th. He may get something as small as chocolate, undies or socks, but he does get something each day.

Here are a few of the things he has received so far with links in case you are interested:

Big Bang Theory Calendar 2016We just so happen to love The Big Bang Theory television show!

SpeckPhoneCaseA new phone case.

PrimosTrailCameraA trail camera.

He also got other things like chocolate, undies, whiskey, and beef jerky.  I won’t bore you with the whole list like I have done in the past.

Every year he tells me that I don’t need to do this anymore, but I think he kinda likes it. I plan on doing this for him as long as I can.

Please leave your birthday wishes for him below in the comments!

• Reply Stefanie December 15, 2015 at 4:55 am

Happy Happy Birthday McD!!!! Hope you have a most wonderful day. Love ya’!

• Reply Terry & George December 15, 2015 at 6:58 am

Happy birthday to you, McD! Have the best day ever!

• Reply Denise Palmer December 15, 2015 at 8:45 am

Happy Birthday, Butch! I remember hating having my birthday in December (mine was yesterday) when I was younger because my friends and I would exchange gifts for Christmas. It never failed that when they gave me my gift they would explain that it was a birthday and Christmas gift. I never understood why my birthday and Christmas gift was the same as everyone else’s Christmas gift. As I have become more mature and (hopefully) a little wiser, I realize how blessed those of us with December birthdays are to get to celebrate our birthday with the King of Kings, Lord of Lord, Prince of Peace and our Emmanuel! I pray that your birthday is wonderful and full of blessings beyond measure!

• Reply Just Lindy December 15, 2015 at 11:15 am

A very happy birthday! What a great tradition; I think I’ll start it next year for my sweet hubby. :0)

• Reply Jason December 15, 2015 at 7:31 pm

Otherwise I kept reading chocolate undies #tmi 😂🎉🎉

• Reply Gloria December 15, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Happy birthday boss! Sorry I forgot to tell you today. Hope you got to enjoy the rest of your day.