Confessions

What I Have Been Up To! (& A Secret)

Β©JulieK_9835
Oh goodness, I don't even know when I blogged last.  I mean really blogged, not a book review, a real bonafide blog. Oh well. πŸ™‚

First off, I'd like to thank CeCe for writing me such a nice, sweet email wanting to make sure I was doing okay.  She said she missed my blog posts, and made me feel special!  Thank you, CeCe!!

Now, let me tell you a little bit about what I have been up to these days.  Forgive me if I work backwards, it is just easier for me to remember that way. (Yes, I'm weird, I know this.)

Since we have been having such beautiful mornings, we have been sitting out on the porch watching all the barn swallows play. We have been overrun by them, and plan on knocking their nests down as soon as all their babies fly off. They are keeping my hummingbirds away, and I don't like that.

Yesterday, McD and I had a date. I don't even know how long it has been since we've had a date, but we went to see The Lone Ranger and had a great time!

Saturday, July 6, we stepped out of the box. I think I have stated that we are members of the Church of Christ, and have been all our lives.  This weekend, we attended Lifechurch in Oklahoma City. I loved it! I have attended Women of Faith, so it wasn't really too far out of the box for me but it was for McD. Lifechurch is having their annual series, At the Movies where they pick a few movies and relate parts of them to the Bible. It is really interesting, and it makes you think. We are even going back next Saturday. (Let me know if you are going. We are going to the Edmond campus next Saturday.)

To celebrate Independence Day, we went to our good friends house.  You might know them, MM & Ree. We try to get there early to help out, but this time McD was helping with the sewing room so we didn't get there near as early as we wanted.  Sorry, Ladd, it was my fault!

Previous to that I cannot put dates to things, they just kind of blend together.

McD helped me get all of the work out equipment out of the house, and helped me set up my new office/craft room. Now I have a place to leave my new sewing machine out, my projects half done out on the table, and a place to write (more on that in a bit).

We went to Red River, NM for the Annual Red River Family Encampment.  It is a five-day Church of Christ family church camp of sorts. This was my second year to attend, and McD's first. We took Granny along with us, and we were able to run over to Taos and see our oldest, Jer. Good times!! I would encourage anyone I know to go.

I mentioned that I got a new sewing machine.  In the next few days, I will show you photos of the projects we have made. I say we, because my friend Michelle and I have been working together on several projects. I can't wait to get started on my next project.

I've been reading, quite a bit, and tomorrow I will have a book review up for a really good, thought provoking book.

And lastly, I haven't wanted to put this out in the universe for everyone to know because well, then everyone would know.  Even now, I am sitting here questioning myself. Do I really want to put this out there? Do I really want people to know? What if I fail? I would be so embarrassed. Here's the deal, I'm just gonna say it…

I'm writing a book.

There, I said it. I'm having a hard time writing these days though, and I thought if I put it out there I might actually work on it more. Because you guys knowing, might make me get back to it. Make sense? So feel free to hold me accountable.

Sigh!  That is a weight off my chest.

Well, thanks for listening. I wanted to fill you in before I actually started back with book reviews, PinTested, and my daily life.

Feel free to say hi! I am going to try to start replying to all comments. (That's something I got away from for some unknown reason.)

Lots of Love!!

JulieBlogSigw

• Reply Rachael b July 8, 2013 at 11:23 am

So glad you’re back! I was a little worried! Good luck with the book!

• Reply Elizabeth July 8, 2013 at 11:26 am

How exciting! Glad to hear you are doing well and it sounds like you are up to a lot of fun things πŸ™‚ I can’t wait to hear how the writing process goes for you! I know it’s a daily challenge (I’m breaking from my book to edit another for an author), but it’ll be worth it when you’re done. Best of luck, friend!

• Reply Julie July 8, 2013 at 11:33 am

Hey there! So glad to hear from you! I miss you!! So far my writing process has come to a complete halt. I told McD I would finish this month. I am going to try my hardest! Thanks, I need all the luck I can get! πŸ™‚

• Reply Julie July 8, 2013 at 11:34 am

Hi Rachael b!
    Thanks!! No worries! I had a small issue in June, but it was nothing. I will share soon. πŸ™‚ Thanks again! Glad to see YOU back!

• Reply Donna July 8, 2013 at 11:38 am

Good luck with the book! Putting the information out there likely means that your readers can cheer you on and check on your progress. πŸ™‚ You’ll do great – can’t wait to read it!

• Reply Heidi July 8, 2013 at 11:52 am

Julie!!! That is aweseome about the book!! You will do great and I can’t wait to read it!! I will say you have been busy and it was great to see you when you came in! I always enjoy seeing your bright smile!!!

• Reply Julie July 8, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Thank you, Donna! I’m gonna need some cheers! LOL Glad to see you here!!

• Reply Julie July 8, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Heidi!!! I guess it is my turn to sing Hi-Ho-Hi-Ho it’s off to work I go! πŸ™‚ It was great to see you! I need to stop by more often. I just don’t want to get you in trouble! πŸ™‚ Maybe if I bring treats it will smooth things over. πŸ™‚

• Reply Lana @ Never Enough Thyme July 8, 2013 at 1:19 pm

So good to hear from you and to know that you’re doing well! I admire your spirit for undertaking the project of writing a book – I know what task that can be – and I wish you all the luck in the world with it!

• Reply Sayre July 8, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Writing a book is a hard thing to do. I’ve written 2.5 fictional books but never got around to sending them off because I haven’t edited them. I’m not sure what you’re writing, but if it’s from your life, it might be a bit more difficult. Exposing yourself to the world is hard, even when you know other people would enjoy/benefit from your story. That may be why your writing has stopped. Relax. Think about why you want to write it in the first place. It’ll come.

• Reply leslie (crookedstamper) July 8, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Wow, you HAVE been busy! Can’t wait to see what you’re sewing! And good luck with the book! (I need to give up exclamation points.)

• Reply Julie July 8, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Lana!! So glad to hear from you! Thank you for your encouragement!

• Reply Julie July 8, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Hey Sayre! I sure hope you will get those manuscripts edited and sent off! Mine is from my life, but I think my problem lies in I went non-stop for a while kind of getting burnt out. Maybe, I don’t know. I am back in the groove now though! Thanks!

• Reply Julie July 8, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Leslie!! I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately! I have to get some photos uploaded, and I will be ready to share my projects. πŸ™‚ Should just be a day or two.

• Reply Stefanie July 8, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Can’t wait to come see your new room. I’ll expect to be one of the first people for an autographed copy of your book. Love ya’ friend.

• Reply Julie July 9, 2013 at 9:12 am

Stef, you will most certainly be the first one! Love you!

• Reply Heidi July 9, 2013 at 1:11 pm

LOL, you couldn’t get me in trouble if you tried…..now worries…..

• Reply Laura F July 10, 2013 at 10:01 am

Great to hear about you and your new endeavors… πŸ™‚

• Reply Julie July 10, 2013 at 11:43 am

Hi Laura F! Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply Cece July 18, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Had given up to see if you posted anything, and I messed up !! Thanks for the shout out. Glad things are going well, and that you publicly announced your book idea. This will keep you going, as you know we will all buy a copy and enjoy your labor of love. So very glad you are feeling well. Happy Days !!

• Reply Melanie November 15, 2013 at 11:04 pm

I’m behind and just now catching up on your posts. How exciting to be writing a book! Such a rewarding and difficult endeavor. You CAN do it!! As a fellow crafter, I’m excited to see what comes out of your sewing/crafting/writing room! Keep up the good work!