Family

The Bible Series on the History Channel

Mainimageproduct_03From Executive Producers Roma Downey and Mark Burnett comes The Bible — an epic 10-part miniseries retelling stories from the Scriptures for a whole new generation. Breathtaking in scope and scale, The Bible features powerful performances, exotic locales and dazzling visual effects that breathe spectacular life into the dramatic tales of faith and courage from Genesis through Revelation. This historic television event is sure to entertain and inspire the whole family.  (taken from www.bibleseries.tv)

Sunday, a friend of ours told us about this miniseries that would be on about the Bible, and we are so glad he did. We were both glued to our seats, soaking up every scene, and reading the actual Bible during commericals to compare. We were very pleased to see that they had done a pretty good job at staying true to the Word.

It was great to see how many of our friends were watching it too. If you are watching it, let me know what you think about it.

I can't wait to see it next week!

Click here to preorder the dvd, and if you preorder I think they are giving you the soundtrack for free. Score!!

• Reply Donna March 4, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Looking forward to seeing this!

• Reply Laura L. March 4, 2013 at 10:53 pm

We watched it. It was GREAT!!!

• Reply Stefanie March 5, 2013 at 5:30 am

We enjoyed it. The action keeps you on the edge and wanting more.

• Reply Connie March 5, 2013 at 8:04 am

We turned the channel. I don’t believe an ark built to God’s specifications would leak and there were no teenagers on the Ark. Only Noah, his wife, his grown sons and their wives. Also, way too dramatic. We figured it was just another hollywood dramatization of the Bible. I don’t like it when they put their own spin on something they are saying is a re-telling of the Bible.

• Reply Kim A. March 8, 2013 at 11:39 am

We loved it and can’t wait to watch all the episodes!

• Reply Pamela March 21, 2013 at 10:13 am

we also did some “reviewing” of our Bible. I’d forgotten about Sampson being married and the burning.
    Meanwhile, I can’t handle the violence. I’ve had this sensitivity thing going on for quite awhile. There seems to be a lot of focus on the violence — and intense situations. And the music got a little tense even!

• Reply MLJ March 25, 2013 at 8:44 am

I am enjoying your series “The Bible” on the History Channel very, very much ! (March 2013)
    ******************************************************
    The parts I thought needed more mention by the narrator:
    * Abraham, Issac, and Jacob are the Patriarchs
    *as the people of GOD were walking in the desert toward Egypt (famine) the 12 tribes came from the 12 sons of Jacob and a bit about the Joseph story
    * the names of the prophets (all 17) that guarded over God’s people especially more mention of Isaiah who is so important
    *the reigns of Saul, David, and Solomon (each 40 years) were the Golden Days of ancient Israel
    * after Solomon, the country was split into 2 kingdoms: Judah and Israel, one being overtaken by the Assyrians
    *there were more Judges than Samson (Deborah and Gideon should have been at least mentioned)
    *John the Baptist is Jesus’ cousin
    * I fully realize the stories of Ruth and Esther needed to be left out of the series as they are not “linear” and would not quite fit in the series
    but I am still SAD as there as so few female heroines in the Bible and I wish their stories could have been placed in an epilogue
    ******************************************************