Confessions

California Dreamin’ On This New Year’s Day

©ACR_1150
This photo was taken in Monterey, California. It has been a while since we have been there, but today I have been dreaming of that warmer weather. I would take the 60 degree weather over this 20 degree weather any day now.

Isn't it funny how in the dead of summer when it is approximately one hundred and twelve degrees we are wishing our life away, wishing Fall and Winter would get here. The cooler weather is always so welcome at that point. The cooler weather gets here, and we are wishing our life away again, wishing Spring and Summer would get here. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know this is the story of my life. I heard myself actually say that exact wish outloud today. I wish Spring and Summer would hurry and get here.

For shame, for shame!

I need to remember to be thankful for today.

Winter is the only time I can wear the super cute coat I bought a few years ago from Eddie Bauer. It rarely gets cold enough to wear it, so I should be glad I have a reason to drag it out of the closet and dust it off.

Winter is the only time I get to enjoy hot chocolate.

Winter is the only time I can wear cute gloves, scarves and hats.

Oh, and let's not forget, Winter is the only time I can look at Christmas lights. I love looking at Christmas lights!!

Winter is a great time for catching up on movies, and watching some favorites over again.

Winter is a good thing. Cold, but good.

What do you like about Winter?

• Reply Anya January 1, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I love everything. And I mean everything! Except driving on icy roads. Other than that, you will never hear me complaining about winter. :0D

• Reply Cynthia D'Alba January 1, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I’ve found that I don’t handle the cold as well as I used to when I was younger. My hands actually hurt when they get cold. But I do love a cold room with a blazing fire.
    And Monterey Bay is one of my best vacations ever! I love the 16 mile drive. Beautiful views.
    Stay warm!

• Reply Laura January 1, 2013 at 9:20 pm

I LOVE hoodies!

• Reply Pamela January 1, 2013 at 11:29 pm

I do enjoy the fireplace — another winter treat.
    Also… the tiny ice crystals that form on the windows.

• Reply Donna January 2, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I love lots of things about Winter…building fires, Christmas break (all the boys and Hubby are home and love to watch movies and just hang at home), Christmas (and the lights!), snow, making fudge, hot chocolate, and sausage balls, and the smell of the winter air!
    I hope you have a Happy, Healthy, and Blessed New Year!

• Reply Monie January 5, 2013 at 7:12 am

I love winter, and I dread summer. Always have. When the elms start to bud, which is usually very early, then I slip into depression. I thrive in winter…actually opposite from the folks that slip into depression without sunlight. I come alive when the temps finally drop. More than anything, I love rain. I guess that’s because there has been so little of it…but no, I’ve always loved the rain. Cold, gray, rainy days…that will be my piece of heaven! :)I guess in the meantime, I should be living in Seattle or England!!!