How Should I Celebrate My Last Cancer Treatment?

Today is my last Herceptin treatment!!  Take a minute to do a happy dance with me!

Now, sit down because I'm out of breath! Ha!

My question for you is…

How should I celebrate my last cancer treatment?

Another question…

If you are a cancer survivor, how did you celebrate?  Or did you?

Throw some ideas out there, because McD and I really need some help here!

And if you would, at 2 pm CST today, say a prayer of thanksgiving!  I am so thankful that God helped me through this!

Don't forget – group prayer at 2 pm CST!!

Prayers, hugs and ladybugs to all of you!!

XO

• Reply Kristen June 14, 2012 at 8:36 am

I will totally pray for you at 2pm – and I love your heart, by the way.
    (Skinny Dipping… go for it 🙂 )

• Reply Susan June 14, 2012 at 8:40 am

I’m setting the alarm on my phone now so I won’t forget to join with you again in prayer. Thank you, Jesus! (I’ve been praying for you since I heard about your diagnosis.)
    I just learned an old friend of mine has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She gave me a bracelet that says, “Fight like a girl,” and each time I glance at it, I lift her up in prayer.
    We’re so lucky to have a loving God who wants the very best for us!

• Reply Cynthia D'Alba June 14, 2012 at 11:13 am

Prayer coming your way at 2p.m.
    Suggestions? I have none. I’ve never faced what you’ve dealt with…and you’ve done it with a grace and strength I envy.

• Reply Lisa K. June 14, 2012 at 1:38 pm

When Mom had her last treatment for Breast Cancer (both chemo & radiation) several of the family went out to eat with her at the restaurant of her choice. I know it doesn’t seem like much but for her to be surrounded by family & good food was just what she wanted.
    Mom found this quote by a fellow Breast Cancer survivor and it tells her story too. “I hope and pray no one ever has to go through what we have, but I pray everyone can feel as loved.”
    Rejoicing with you today & joining you in prayer at 2 pm.

• Reply Jennifer June 14, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I think it’s 2 pm your time. It’s a little earlier here in CA, but I’m praying for you!
    For the celebration….um, how about Disneyland. Just think about it…it could be a new commercial. “I just beat cancer. Now I’m going to Disneyland!” 😉

• Reply Wes June 14, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Sorry, missed the 2pm group prayer, since I’m just now reading your post, but our thoughts are always with you and McD!! I think how you chose to celebrate, from just sitting on the porch and wacthing a sunset with McD, to having a couple of friends to a couple hundred, should be how you want to remember this day!!

• Reply Joanie June 15, 2012 at 9:14 am

What a great post…last treatment! YAY!

• Reply Melanie June 15, 2012 at 10:25 am

HOORAY!!! For my last (Herceptin, also) treatment we brought in giant baskets of fruit for all of the amazing, fabulous, sweet chemo nurses who I’d come to look forward to seeing. Then my sister and mom and I went to the Butterfly Pavilion. It’s like a zoo but with butterflies that you can walk among. Then we went to have coffee and just hang out for a bit. My brother-in-law then showed up which puzzled me a little. Eventually, I realized my sister had arranged to have my whole family meet up for dinner and then go to a comedy club. We laughed and laughed and laughed. It was a really fun. It was a whole day to celebrate me and being done with treatment. It’s great to have the support of family and friends and those blessed chemo nurses!! Be well, my friend!!

• Reply Melanie June 15, 2012 at 10:27 am

Oh yeah……and then my sister and brother-in-law took me to France for two weeks! So! Maybe plan something for the day and then a HUGE celebratory trip to tell Cancer you kicked it’s butt big-time!! Hugs!

• Reply Stacey June 15, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Julie, Praise the Lord, that you are thru with treatment. Thanking Him for helping you through it. Grateful for your positive outlook through it all.
    I hope you celebrated greatly yesterday. Wish I could be there to celebrate this milestone with you.
    Blessings.
    Stacey

• Reply Marlene June 15, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Missed prayer time on the 14th. Reading at 1:54 pm on the 15th. Fantastic news and you have been in my prayers and I have been mashing UP buttons since last year. So glad for you and your family. You are a remarkable person who let us into your life when most people would not. Prayers and Hugs to you.

• Reply Jen June 16, 2012 at 7:56 am

Missed the group prayer, but sending one now. Celebrate with whatevr makes you happy, Julie. You deserve it!

• Reply Kim June 16, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Prayer for you! Sorry I am late, just now reading!

• Reply Kimela Armstrong June 16, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I am so glad you are doing good and finished!
    Kim A.

• Reply Skye June 21, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Congratulations on your last treatment! What a happy milestone! I think you should go out for your favorite treat (ice cream? whatever you love best) to celebrate. You could also have a little “goodbye cancer” party – I plan on doing that in December when I hopefully will be declared in remission from thyroid cancer. You could even make it a fundraiser for your favorite cancer organization. Whatever you do, enjoy being cancer-free! 🙂
    p.s. sorry this comment is super late… I tried posting it last week but for some reason I was not allowed to hit “Post” so I emailed it to myself to come back later.

• Reply Stacey June 22, 2012 at 8:56 am

So how did you end up celebrating the last treatment? Are you going to share?

• Reply BB June 22, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I think you start properly planning that trip to Oz.
    Just a thought.