Home & Garden

Remember When I Wanted A Bobcat? Well…

ACR_5019ss
Ta-Da!!

Here is my original post where I told you that I wanted a Bobcat.

This isn't exactly a Bobcat, but that's okay, it'll do.  🙂

Yesterday, as we were driving home from church, McD asked me what my plans were for the afternoon.  I didn't have much planned for myself, but I had stuff planned for him.  I wanted him to fix the road that goes around our place.  It runs through creeks, canyons, and pastures and it washes out in places just about every time it rains.

But, before I let him get to work I had one request.  I wanted to learn how to run the skid steer.  Yep, you read that right.

Here's my seat, I'm thinking of finding a pink seat cover for it.  What do you think?

ACR_5017ss
Maybe pink camo. Hmmm.

I had to get some instruction first.  The very first thing that I was told when we got the skid steer was that I can't ride it with McD.

ACR_5018ss
Bummer!

The next thing I learned was that I absolutely, positively, have to put my seat belt on or it won't work. Literally, it will drive, but the bucket won't move.  I'm wondering if I can strap it behind me.

ACR_5021ss

So… I handed over my camera and took the wheel controls.

ACR_5025ss
I'm off!

ACR_5022ss
I'm having a little bit of fun here.  There are several things I like about this photo and a few things that I don't like.  I will let you figure all of that out.

I am here to tell you that you can wear just about anything when you operate a skid steer.  I just happened to have on a swimsuit top, running skort, and flip flops.  Yep, I was stylin'!

ACR_5028ss
Just look at that determination.

ACR_5030ss
Mission accomplished!

I now know how to run the skid steer.  I think McD needs to get another one, because I am taking this baby over! Love it!

• Reply Marlene Masters April 2, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I know what you mean, I like to use ours but have a hard time keeping husband and son out of it. I need time by myself to learn how not to bounce around the yard without them laughing. But I must admit I am sure it is fun to watch me. HA. Also good to see you enjoying yourself.

• Reply Julie April 2, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Re: TypePad: [Another Chance Ranch] Marlene Masters submitted a comment on "Remember When I Wanted A Bobcat? Well…"
    Marlene! You are cracking me up! Literally made me laugh out loud! I know the bouncing around the yard, and I am gonna practice while McD is at work.  🙂

• Reply Wes April 2, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Do you need a job? Mine has AC, Radio!! I’m serious!! And please DO wear the seat belt, don’t want to read the post where you get launched out the front, and remember to keep the load low! They will tip foreward, just trust me on that one! Have fun!!

• Reply Janet Phillips April 3, 2012 at 7:14 am

I’m soo jealious!! I had a job after college where I got to run a bobcat all the time and I loved that machine!! They are soo much fun! I keep hoping that Caleb we get a crazy hair and buy one but I don’t see that happening anytime soon…lol

• Reply Toni April 4, 2012 at 11:49 am

Julie,
    I have a big new powerful bobcat I would love to share with you!!! Im sorry to say Im grounded from this new one at this time. Its not really my fault, but my sweet husband and I really need to work on our hand signals. I thought he wanted me to raise the bucket ( in our old one) when he just wanted me to tilt it and I had the door open and kinda ripped off the door. Guess I need to join a mens group to learn all the signals!!! Love ya, Toni

• Reply Meh April 9, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Um, awkward, but you looked very, um, buxom in that top.

• Reply Mark October 19, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I have an S185 for sale, like new. Runs perfect, full Gold package, air conditioning, cabin, quick attach, high-flow, etc. Make offer.

• Reply Bobcat Hire November 9, 2012 at 1:19 am

i haves S-185 backhoe loader and how can i use this for my garden grass and leaving area of outside my house …?

• Reply Weekend Cowgirl November 10, 2012 at 2:17 pm