Funny OobieBay Story

A while back I shared with you what I use as my left oobiebay.  It just happened to come with my post-surgery camisole and I just keep using it.

That is about all of the background info you need for this little story.  Feel free to laugh, I guarantee that you are laughing with me and not at me on this one.

It wasn't just a regular Sunday morning, it was the Sunday that I knew I wouldn't have to miss church anymore because of the side effects of chemo.  It was the Sunday that I had been looking forward to since June 26th.  That was the first Sunday I missed church because of the side effects.

As soon as I walked in the door of the church building I was welcomed with hugs and handshakes.  I made my way into the auditorium, and there again I received many hugs and handshakes.  After our communion, we send all of the little ones to children's church, and have a brief minute or two of fellowship which was full of hugs.  It made me feel great!

After the services, as we were headed to the door (more hugs & handshakes), a nice lady stopped me to tell me about a ribbon cutting she had been to at a cancer resource center here.  She proceeded to tell me that they have wigs, bras, head scarves, bras, stocking caps, bras, mastectomy bras, and all kinds of stuff.  I thought it was odd that she mentioned bras at least four times, but thought maybe she was just trying to remember everything.  I didn't give it a second thought.

McD and I finally made it out the door, and were headed to the pick-up when it hit me.

You see, that morning I put on a camisole instead of the sports bra I usually wear.  I remembered thinking, "I sure hope that oobiebay poof stays in place."  It turns out that I didn't need to worry about the poof moving, it was my real oobiebay that started drooping.  I am sure it was from raising my arms for all those hugs.  So the poof stayed put and looked nice and perky, but the real one went south – I was so lop-sided you couldn't miss it!

That is why she kept mentioning the bras, I just know it!

I think I will always wear the bra from here on out!!

• Reply Melanie November 21, 2011 at 12:09 pm

That is SO funny!! You just never know how your body is going to provide entertainment for you! It’s always funny to me how people react and interact in an awkward situation. I’ve been in that place, too, where what has happened finally dawned on me a bit after the ‘event’. You’re right about a person’s mindset being different after cancer……what we find important is definitely different…more defined; and what we find humorous is also different (a broader scope, I think). Love and Hugs!! Melanie

• Reply Kim Armstrong November 21, 2011 at 1:17 pm

That’s hilarious! If that happen to me, I’m sure my husband and I would have gotten a really good laugh out of it. All you can do is laugh at things like that when they happen to you!
    I glad you finally got to go back to church!
    Kim

• Reply Evelyn Kennepohl November 21, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Oh my stars! I had the opposite problem; my fake one worked out of the bra and had worked its way up to my throat! Took me awhile to figure out what had happened and why I felt this “thing” at my throat. I am so glad that you are feeling so much better; going to church is important and having to miss is a bummer.

• Reply Kelly November 21, 2011 at 8:14 pm

LOL!! Laughter IS the best medicine! Just so you know, I would’ve told you, or given you a *check your poof* hand signal 🙂 And, Yay! for getting to go back to church!!

• Reply Sandy November 22, 2011 at 12:58 am

Laughing with you! Blessings abound for my friends…my other friend Julie has been battling leukemia (discovered when she went in for her 20 week ultrasound last year) and had a complete stem cell transplant. That was several weeks ago and they just got the blood tests back – percentage of the blood currently in her body that is from the transplant? 100%. God is great!

• Reply BB November 22, 2011 at 6:52 am

Goodness GRACIOUS me! That IS funny… did you ‘hiok’ it back into position, or pretend that it was all as intended?
    Sorry I missed this post – am trying to keep tabs on you from afar, you know.

PS Hawaii is part-way to Oz. You realise that, doncha?

• Reply BB November 22, 2011 at 6:54 am

That should be HOIK. Which probably still doesn’t make sense to you!!
    🙂

• Reply sheila @E2gather November 22, 2011 at 8:22 am

Julie, you have no idea how badly i needed a good gut jiggling laugh this morning. Thanks so much for your sense of humor and honesty! hugs ; D LUvYa! Sheila

• Reply Julie November 22, 2011 at 9:43 am

Re: TypePad: [Another Chance Ranch] Sandy submitted a comment on "Funny OobieBay Story "
    Woohoo!!
    Yes He is!  God IS Great!!

• Reply Julie November 22, 2011 at 9:43 am

Re: TypePad: [Another Chance Ranch] sheila @E2gather submitted a comment on "Funny OobieBay Story "
    Hope your day gets better Sheila!  XO

• Reply Karmyn R November 22, 2011 at 12:12 pm

hahaha – that is funny!

• Reply Joanie November 22, 2011 at 5:30 pm

That was hilarious!!!

• Reply Boston Fournier December 26, 2011 at 3:12 am

Boston Fournier

Thanks a lot for the post.Really looking forward to read more. Will read on…