Uncategorized

Take That Cancer!

As I type this, we are driving to the airport. We are going to Rhode Island for McD’s work.

Thankfully, the trip fell on the week before my fifth chemo treatment so my doctor told us that I could go. Yippee!!

The last time McD had a meeting off somewhere I wasn’t able to go, and it nearly killed us. I think it was because of all this cancer nonsense. We were close before, but we are closer than close these days.

Rhode Island will never be the same!!

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do and see? Maybe where to eat?

• Reply Jen September 10, 2011 at 10:56 am

Oooh…I have nwever been…will live vicariously through you. Have fun!

• Reply Melanie September 10, 2011 at 11:56 am

I haven’t been to Rhode Island but I know you’ll have a blast. Take lots of pictures and soak up the blue sky (hopefully) and all the pretty things related to the coast (boats, pretty rock shorelines, birds, etc.) Safe travels!

• Reply Sidney September 10, 2011 at 11:56 am

Safe travels and have a GREAT time!

• Reply Kat September 10, 2011 at 7:56 pm

So many possibilities, the antiques, the beaches, the seafood! Really anywhere you go will be beautiful. Everything in New England is so close, depending on where you are in RI, it’s about an hour+ to Boston. So much to see and do in Boston! If you do go up that way, I would say not to drive in Boston, the first and only time I did was the scariest time of my life!

• Reply Carolyn September 11, 2011 at 5:21 am

Get to the beach – beautiful anytime of year!
    Traveling mercies.

• Reply Sheilaj2494@yahoo.com September 11, 2011 at 10:58 pm

We passed through Rhode Island on our way home from Boston a few years back. We loved it, wished we would have had more time. the above is the blog post from our family travel blog, it might give you a few good places to eat. Have a great time so glad you were able to go.

• Reply CeeCee September 12, 2011 at 8:24 am

Don’t know what you should do there, but I’m so glad you get to go along. I’ve heard some patients are on a sort of house arrest while doing chemo. Enjoy your trip!!

• Reply Sheila from Ohio September 12, 2011 at 8:42 am

So glad that you are able to travel with your hubby. My hubby and I visited Rhode Island a few years back. Newport is awesome with all the old mansions. Enjoy your time in New England it should be beautiful this time of the year. Blesssings, Sheila from Ohio!

• Reply jbogdan@comcast.net September 13, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Newport – Mansions(perhaps a guided boat tour which gives a great historical account of Newport Harbors/Wealthy mansion owners)
    Narragansett – BEACH
    Westerly – Watch Hill/Napatree Beautiful BEACH WALK
    Providence – Italians OWN it – make sure you visit some of the great Italian restaurants.
    SEAFOOD SEAFOOD SEAFOOD!
    I just hope my comments are not too late.
    Have fun!

• Reply Mary J September 13, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Newport is great fun, so many cool things to walk around and see. My favorite place to eat is 22 Bowens, its on Bowen’s wharf. Defintely walk along the cliff walk.

• Reply Lori P. September 13, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Congrats on #5. How many treatments will you be getting?
    I get #6 on Monday, which is my last! yeh!

• Reply Julie September 13, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Re: TypePad: [Another Chance Ranch] Mary J submitted a comment on "Take That Cancer!"
    Mary J – We did both!!  Thanks!

• Reply Julie September 13, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Re: TypePad: [Another Chance Ranch] Lori P. submitted a comment on "Take That Cancer!"
    Lori!  I will think of you Monday! When I said 5th treatment, I should have said my next to last treatment! I will have 6 as well! Saying a special prayer for you tonight! 🙂