Chemo Day Fun! – What Would You Bring Back?

So, this morning I will be sitting in the chemo chair again.  This time it is different though.  They are going to do the same ol' thing, of course, but it is the next to the last chemo treatment for me.

YIPPEE!!

The other day, which could have been a month ago, I saw a commercial for a new television show that will be starting soon.  I say a "new" television show, but it isn't really.  It is a re-make.

Charlie's Angels (Photo was borrowed from IMDb)

This is the real Charlie's Angels.

This is the show I think of when anyone says "Hello, Charlie."

This is the show that we all try to imitate their infamous pose.

I'm not really sure how I feel about them doing a re-make of it.  I am not to big on changing some of my favorite shows.  Like when they did the re-make of Hawaii Five-0.  McD wanted to watch it, and we did.  Then it became a show that I recorded for him to watch without me.  It just wasn't Hawaii Five-0 to me.  Neither of us watch it anymore.  He said he tried, and tried, but it was just too hokey for him.

Today for my Chemo Day Entertainment brought to me only by YOU, my friends and family, I would like to know what television shows you would like brought back.

Should they bring back…

Magnum P.I. (Picture borrowed from IMDb)

I think it would be a fun one to bring back, as long as it isn't hokey.  I mean, Magnum's son could be the P.I., or better yet…his daughter.  But Tom Selleck would HAVE to be a part of that show.

Maybe Silver Spoons for the kids.  And again, Ricky Schroder could be the father in the show.  Oh, oh, wait!  The Facts of Life!  I will seriously be singing the them song to that show for the rest of the day.

I could go on and on.  There were a lot of shows I liked, but not all of them could be brought back.  Like All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Bonanza, The Lone Ranger, M*A*S*H, Little House on the Prairie, and the list goes on and on. πŸ™‚

Tell me, what shows would you like to see again.

• Reply Sayre September 15, 2011 at 8:16 am

There have been many incarnations of my favorite – Star Trek! And I’ve loved most of them. I think the trick though is not to do it exactly. There is only one Jim Kirk (in TV world), only one Spock. That said, some of the movies made of TV shows are awesome. I absolutely loved the first Charlie’s Angels movie with Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu and Cameron Diaz. The second one was okay. And my favorite movie at the moment is the latest Star Trek movie with Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto. They’re great for the movie but I don’t think a TV series would hold up.
    As for what I’d like to see brought back? I really can’t think of anything. I didn’t watch much TV and the remakes I’ve seen so far have been really awful. Part of what made those other shows work was the times they were presented. M*A*S*H might not have been as successful if we weren’t still reeling from Vietnam. All in the Family isn’t as funny now because the racial differences aren’t as stark as they used to be so the “commentary” isn’t as biting.
    Perhaps something that WOULD translate to today would be the good old-fashioned family comedy/drama – like the Brady Bunch or the Partridge Family! The Monkees?
    Have a good day, Julie – I’ll be thinking about you!

• Reply Carol September 15, 2011 at 8:22 am

I miss the old cartoons. The Bug Bunnies and Elmer Fudds …Road Runner… Huey.. No lessons to be learned, just good laughs.

• Reply Virginia September 15, 2011 at 11:03 am

Off hand I would definitely agree with Magnum P.I. Would so love to get my daughter into it πŸ™‚ And yes, I totally would love to Tom Selleck be the rich, up tight Higgins!
    Punky Brewster, perhaps! Or the one where the girl’s father was an alien and mom was an Earthling; said daughter ended up having powers… That one was fun!

• Reply CeeCee September 15, 2011 at 11:10 am

Oh, but the eye candy on Hawaii Five-O is so yummy (Alex O’Laughlin and Daniel Dae Kim).
    I’d like to see the later years of the Waltons.
    I hope you have a good day. Stay warm and enjoy the time with friends!

• Reply Laura L. September 15, 2011 at 11:14 am

I want some of the good old cartoons like He-man and She-ra and Rainbow Brite. And I would love to see the Facts of Life!

• Reply Jen September 15, 2011 at 11:49 am

I agree with your thoughts on Magnum! The Waltons, Bonanza and Little House were all favorites..not sure they’d work now, though. Hmmm…think I need to ponder this a bit. Thinking about you today, Julie. Blessings!

• Reply Lisa September 15, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I would definitely like a remake of the “Facts of Life” but I probably would be shocked at what the topics are in the current times among teenage girls.
    How about a modern day “Mork and Mindy”? I think Robin Williams could still pull off the Mork role no problem. Nanu-Nanu!
    One more chemo treatment to go after today…YEAH!!!
    Keep fighting and I’ll keep mashing!!!

• Reply debby September 15, 2011 at 12:29 pm

The Waltons.

• Reply Melanie September 15, 2011 at 12:35 pm

I would bring back Friends. I really enjoyed that show. The characters were so fun to watch as they went through their daily “trials”!! Hope you’re having a great day at chemo. I bet the chemo nurses appreciate your smiling face and cheerful attitude!
    You look fantastic with your new haircut!! (on twitter).

• Reply Juli September 15, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Just a lurker on here but thought I’d add my 2 cents worth. I agree that “Friends” would be one and here is my age showing through….Petticot Junction! Here’s to strong, positive chemo days and carefree non-chemo weeks in the near future!

• Reply Marlene September 15, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Laverne and Shirley. FUNNY FUNNY

• Reply Anya September 15, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I wish they’d bring back ALF, exactly as it was back in the day!

• Reply Jennifer September 15, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I’m not a huge fan of remakes. And I don’t think my favorite shows when I was a kid (Silver Spoons, Growing Pains, Family Ties) could be remade since the actors in the shows are what I loved. But I would like to see some more sitcoms on TV. I’m tired of all the reality shows. Remember “must see TV” on Thursday nights on NBC when you’d camp in front of the TV all night…Friends, Seinfeld, then ER? I want another night of tv like that now.

• Reply Karmyn R September 15, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Remington Steele – remember a young hot Pierce Brosnan.
    Moonlighting
    Star Trek – yeah, I’m one of those trekkies.

• Reply Monie September 16, 2011 at 7:33 am

Hi Julie! I’m so excited for you. Now you can say, ‘Just one more!’ πŸ™‚ Mashing away, and hoping your week to come will be the best post-chemo week ever.
    Wild, Wild West
    Man from U.N.C.L.E.
    and
    Mission Impossible
    If I could make any character a reality, I would pick Samantha from Bewitched, and I would twitch my nose and make cancer disappear from the planet…

• Reply jane September 16, 2011 at 8:29 am

my family loved bonanza & high chaparell(sp?). i’m posting late so now i can say “only one more”!!! hope you’re feeling good. you’ve almost jumped this hurdle and that’s got to be a good feeling! don’t forget to take it easy….

• Reply leslie (crookedstamper) September 18, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I’m a fuddy-duddy, and I don’t like re-makes AT ALL! I’d much rather watch the originals in re-runs. πŸ™‚ Hope you’re doing well!

• Reply Sue September 19, 2011 at 7:35 am

I used to love HART to HART.

• Reply Farmer Gal September 19, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I would love it if they did a really good re-make of Little House on the Prairie, so my kids could watch it and be interested in how life was back then.

• Reply denny144 September 20, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I would love to see a show like the Carol Burnett Show with song & dance and G-rated comedy skits that are genuinely funny rather than insultingly funny. I was thinking about this the other day and a set of the Carol Burnett Show DVDs is probably going to be on my Xmas wish list this year. The Cosby Show and Home Improvement were also really good family entertainment.

• Reply Weekend Cowgirl September 29, 2011 at 7:22 pm

As I am writing this I am also watching the new Charlie’s Angels!!! I miss the old series! I am so happy that you are nearly finsihed. Hoping that you can have the best fall and winter ever and that the Christmas holidays will just be perfect for you.