Chemo Day Fun! Come Entertain Me – Puhl-ease!

Have you ever thought you'd read those words in the same title? Chemo and Fun?

Well, as my Dad would say…that is a deep subject, believe it or not, when I go to chemo I have fun.  Now, if you know me then this will not surprise you because I try to have fun no matter where I am.  I really try not to be a fuddy-dud.

And if you know me then you know that I kind of like music, but not just any music.  I like the good stuff.  I will admit that I like some of the newer stuff, but if you were to get into my pick-up the radio would be on the 60s, 70s, or 80s station (Sirius Rocks!).  Believe it or not, sometimes it is on the 50s station.

I love hearing songs that take me back to a certain time or place, or that make me think of someone special in my life.

Today is my third chemo treatment.  WOOHOO!!!  I am half-way through!!  I love reading while I'm sitting there for hours on end, and something that I love to read are the comments that you leave.  So, let's make them interesting, shall we?

There's no contest, there's no prize, there's just good times…thinking of music that takes you back to a special time or place, or reminds you of a special person.  Tell me what that music is!

Here's some of mine:

Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison – One day, McD in was in his Jeep and P3 and I were in my pick-up.  P3 and I were in the drive-thru at Hardee's and McD was parked off to the side waiting on us.  He kept signaling something with his fingers, like signing but not "real" signing.  We were looking at him like he was nuts, but then we figured out that he was trying to get us to turn to a specific radio station.  Pretty Woman was playing.  He pointed at me, and it made my day.  Yeah, he's a sweetie.  I'll never forget it.

Takin' Care of Business by Bachman-Turner Overdrive – At one time, this was my Dad's favorite song.  I still know all the words, and think of him every.single.time.it.comes.on.

Whip It by Devo – My cousin, Buddy, did a great dance to this.  In fact, this might be the song that he and his sister, my cousin Darla, were dancing to in the kitchen. He got all wild with it, and accidentally kicked her in the stomach.  It was kind of funny really, she wasn't hurt.  If you think that is bad, you should've seen my family playing Spoons.  Now that was exciting!

Boy from New York City by Manhattan Transfer – Some of my high school peeps will remember this one, well the chicks that I took dance with anyway.  I can't believe after all these years, I still remember some of the moves to this dance.  Do any of you?

Edited to add this one, how could I forget it.  Julie, Do You Love Me by Bobby Sherman – My granny used to sing this to me when I was a little one.  Every time I hear it, I hear her singing it.

Anything by Warrant – My first rock concert.  My first serious boyfriend, Randy M., drove us to Tulsa to see them.

Anything and everything by KISS – Reminds me of my brother-from-a-different-mother, Darrin.  He's kinda, sorta, special to me.  When I was growing up I probably annoyed the crap outta him, hee hee.  I didn't like but one of his girlfriends, and I wasn't too quiet about it.  I had to listen to anything he listened to, and loved to pull pranks on him.  I even painted his toenails while he was sleeping one time.  I am still waiting on payback for that one.

There ya go.  McD is looking at me like I should be getting ready to go, and he is right…as usual.

Come on, lurkers DE-LURK, tell me about your music memories.

(Thanks Lady P, for putting this idea into my head last Thursday.  Oh!  And today, I am thankful for the little bit of rain we got last night & for McD making it home safely!!)

MWAH!!

Prayers, hugs, and ladybugs to all of ya!

• Reply Rhonda August 4, 2011 at 8:57 am

Since my name is Rhonda, you would think the song “Help Me Rhonda” would somewhat make me think of myself… well I’m not that conceited. It makes me think of my Grandma. She bought the 45 record and would play it an her record player and she and I would dance. Not Granny dances, we would do the twist, the swim or whatever nonsense dance we could come up with. I loved that time with Grandma and I think of her everytime I hear the song… Stay strong and keep dancing!

• Reply Carrie August 4, 2011 at 9:16 am

Eternal Flame — My best friend and I drove around my senior year of high school with this song on repeat screaming (not singing) it at the top of our lungs. It still warms me on the inside every time I hear it.

• Reply Lisa August 4, 2011 at 9:18 am

Well I think it would have to be the mid-80s for me. They remind me of good times with friends at the movies and school dances. “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins and “Let’s Hear It for the Boy” by Deniece Williams were both from the Footloose movie soundtrack. “Thriller” and “Beat It” by Michael Jackson from the Thriller movie soundtrack. “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper. “That’s What Friends Are For” and “We Are The World”…”We Built This City” by Starship…”When Doves Cry” by Prince and so many more. Thanks for the trip down memory lane and I think you need to sing out a piece of each song listed in your comments today for all those in the Chemo room. Everybody needs a smile today! Still mashing those buttons for you & McD everyday!

• Reply Joanie August 4, 2011 at 9:19 am

Day After Day (Badfinger). Brings me back to “homework” nights with my girly friends in high school! Still love it!!! (Gah, that ages me.!!)

• Reply Anya August 4, 2011 at 9:26 am

I am a music lover, so I could go on and on about this one for days! But I’ll narrow it down to one. No comment novels! ;0P
    Duke of Earl by Gene Chandler reminds me of my dad. We always always always listened to 50s and 60s music while I was growing up, so music from that era brings back a flood of memories for me, but I remember my dad always singing that “duke, duke, duke…duke of earl” line under his breath while he worked. I love it!

• Reply Sherry August 4, 2011 at 9:36 am

Well you’d think I would love the song “Sherry” by the 4 Seasons…WRONG!!! When it came out I heard it ALL the TIME…at school, from friends, I even had a teacher try to sing it when he announced roll call for class. I was dated Terry at that time and he did a very VERY foolish thing and drove up to the house blaring that song out of the car. I think he expected me to come out when I heard that song…he had a very VERY long wait. I don’t think we went on that date or any date again. FOr some reason that song did not hit a good note with me!

• Reply Belinda August 4, 2011 at 9:47 am

I too am a music lover and listen to all types of music. However, “Workin’ for the Weekend” and most of the Get Lucky album (yes, vinyl) by Loverboy brings back some great memories. Loved Mike Reno and his tight red leather pants!! That was the first rock concert I attended while in college. Otherwise I grew up on country music and was, and still am, in love with George Strait!

• Reply Pam August 4, 2011 at 9:51 am

Anything by Journey. Takes me immediately back to college and time spent in the dorm with my friends. We listened to Esape over and over again. Pure Prarie League was in the mix too. Gotta love the early 80’s.

• Reply Stefanie August 4, 2011 at 10:06 am

I love music. It’s been the one constant in my life if I need cheering up or a good cry. I grew up listening to a wide range of music as my parents enjoyed all genres of music. The 80’s bring back most memories for me from school trips, to sleep overs, cruising the strip on every Friday and Saturday night. My dad always sang on the Road Again when we would get rowdy at home, being he is a truck driver and wanted to escape the women. I think you should belt out some Rick Springfield. Love ya’

• Reply Julie August 4, 2011 at 10:14 am

Oh, I thought of another one.
    Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent – one day my mom, sister, friend Lisa, and I were out shopping. We were listening to this song when we got out of the car to go into the store. We were in the store for quite some time. When we got back in the car to leave the song came back on; we were listening to a cassette tape. Lisa was amazed that the song was still on. She thought that was the longest song she had ever heard. She just didn’t realize it was a tape.

• Reply David August 4, 2011 at 10:15 am

You know, there are so many great songs out there. Now I know that some of you young things out there won’t understand but in time you might. Of course I enjoy the 50’s and mostly the 60’s. But it great to just go down the road and hear a song and try to remember where you where in that time of life. I think it is great that you all can remember those special times. I remember a few. But the one thing I know is that they were all good.

• Reply Jack August 4, 2011 at 10:30 am

Well, here goes. I sort of hesitate to do this. There are three or for songs that remind me of my first boyfriend… He was my boyfriend for 6 years..oooo ahhh… but it was when I was 6 yrs. old to 12 yrs. old. OH!… now it’s not so bad.
    The first one was The Birds and the Bees by Jewel Akens. We were at the skating rink in Carnegie holding hands while we skated and they played this song. I don’t remember how old we were but I did not know about the Birds and the Bees. LOL I do remember the moment though.
    The second one is Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison also. It was county fair week and Johnny and I both showed cattle. We were at the fair and it was Friday night and my parents and his parents let us stay for the races and ride home with his older sister and her boyfriend, now her husband, I think we were about 12 and 14 at the time… anyway that song came on and all four of us were singing it to the top of our lungs. We had a great time that night. I felt so old. LOL
    Oh my one last Johnny song…. Johnny Angel by Shelly Fabares. Used to sing it alot, he was my boyfriend. Mike is not jealous, he knows we are still friends and always have been. He has a lovely wife and kids and I found the love of my life when I was 17.
    Now my dad’s favorite song was Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog by of course Three Dog Night. I loved Three Dog Night and my dad loved this song. He thought it was so funny to sing it when it came on the radio. WKY was the only station he listened to and so we had to wait for them to play that song. The rest of us kinda liked KOMA better. That was really the only two choices we had. No one had FM.
    My first concert was to go see Glenn Campbell. I loved anything that he sang, Gentle on my Mind was one of the best. I remember going and setting on the steps at the fair grounds arena so we could be closer and right in front of him.
    I guess I will quit with the song that reminds me most of Mikee. That would be a song written by John Denver and Anne Murray sang it. I had them play it at my candle light, a thing we did in college to announce that we had gotten engaged, the song is …..Danny’s Song. I still love that song to this day.
    OK Julie, that is about all I can think of as far as specific songs that I remember that remind me of certain things. I love, love loved Chicago, but no one song brings back a specific memory. Your husband loved Neal Diamond and I remember driving down to a record shop down by OCU on 23rd street to get him an album when I was in school at then called OCC which is also OCU.
    JJ’s favorite song right now is The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars. He and Amara love the video.
    When I was young, very young, everyone was an Elvis fan…. but not me, I was in LOVE with Ricky Nelson. One of my favorite of his songs was Dream Love. My brother was 10 years older than me and we would sometimes watch American Bandstand on Saturday afternoon. When we did he and I would dance to whatever the music was on that day. I would sometimes stand on his feet. Now Church of Christ don’t dance, but he and I would while we watched that show. There’s a memory for you. I just don’t remember any particular song except Blue Suede Shoes Carl Perkins recorded it first and then Elvis. Back to Ricky… while I was in college at OCC Ricky Nelson and the Stone Canyon Band did a concert so I finally got to see that sexy guy I had watched on TV all those years ago, thing was he played his rock music with his band and not the rock and roll I had listened to, but it was great.
    Well, that should have kept you reading for a little while. I’m so old that I have lots of songs…going from the 1950’s to now, but I won’t keep on going.
    Hope all goes well today and that this helps pass the time. Hugs and Kisses!
    Jack

• Reply Sherri K August 4, 2011 at 11:03 am

I found your blog through Pioneer Woman. I think this request is pretty cool and I hope it keeps your spirits up and your mind busy.
    My favorite of all time singer was Rick Springfield. My sister took me to my first concert when I was 14 or so. At the Sioux Empire Fair. It was an outdoor concert and I couldn’t believe I was going! It was PERFECT. Jessie’s Girl brings back memories of me and my sister. She was pretty awesome to a brat like me. The smell of mini cinamon donuts. The thrill of riding the zipper after the concert. The gross old carnies hitting on the young girls. LOL.
    The next year he was playing at the State Fair in South Dakota. My sweet sister lined it up again to take me and two of my best friends. We got to stay overnight and had such a great time. I remember the carnies at the state fair saying things like “Corn Fed and Farm Bred” Still makes me laugh to this day. I’ve Done Everything For You and Love Somebody to this day make me take a trip down memory lane. I had all his vinyl albums.
    My husband just announced the other day that he had found out Rick was going to be playing somewhere near where we live now at a casino and would I be interested in going? Did he really even need to ask?
    Another great singer was Neil Diamond. My mom gave me my very own portable record player for Christmas one year and the big old Neil Diamond album with Sweet Caroline on it. I remember sitting in my room and playing that album over and over.
    I hope your day goes by swiftly and that you get lots of comments. Hugs to you.
    Sherri K

• Reply Jenni in KS August 4, 2011 at 11:04 am

Danny and I joke that our song is “Love Bites” by Def Leppard. It’s the first song we ever danced to together, but it is NOT a very romantic song. In fact, it’s pretty twisted. We heard this on the radio last night on the way to dinner with the kids and really disturbed them by singing it to each other and then analyzing the lyrics. Is saying that love bites personification because love is being given the characteristics/actions of the person who loves or is the “bites” a figure of speech also? Sometimes it’s fun to take opposite sides of a ridiculous argument:o)
    Cat Scratch Fever reminds me of my dad because I remember riding home from the record store looking at that album he had just bought. I thought Ted Nugent looked a lot like my dad, and I was fascinated by the photo on the album cover and wanted to know the full story behind it. I remember a lot of snickering and smirks (from my dad) and warning looks while trying not to crack a smile (from my mom) passing between the front seats. I think I was 7.
    Anything by the Beatles reminds me of my dad because they were his favorite band.
    Carole King’s Tapestry album reminds me of the living room in our house in Marksboro, NJ. I remember sitting on the wood floor in a spot bathed in sunlight, looking at the album cover featuring Carole King in a window seat and similar light and listening to that album.
    So many of my memories are tied to music. I’m glad because the music always allows me to remember the moment more vividly. I can only think of one negative memory tied to a song, and it really is not so bad. It’s still a good song, but I have a slightly guilty feeling when I hear it. So, I guess I lied in that Facebook song challenge, but it’s not really something I could post. Even if I didn’t explain, there is at least one person who would guess, and that would be awkward. Mostly music is tied to happy memories for me.
    I will be praying for you today!

• Reply Pamela August 4, 2011 at 11:07 am

When I was a kid my mom listened to a garden show on a Seattle radio station. It came on around lunch time. The theme song was In an English Country Garden. I can remember that coming on the air, and the smell of food on the stove… and sometimes sunlight shining through the window on to the empty seat at the head because dad was gone to work.
    It was an easy time of my life — no worries

• Reply Karmyn R August 4, 2011 at 11:09 am

Something to Talk About by Bonnie Raitt – In my early 20’s my guy friend and I were TOTALLY this song. And when we finally did try to turn our friendship into something to talk about – the entire relationship went sour. Every time I hear this song, I can’t help but think about him. (with a smile and shake of my head – and relief that it didn’t go anywhere because today he is still a 20 year old and I married a MUCH MUCH better man!)
    Tusk by Macwood Fleet – um…love the drum beat.
    INXS – okay, my favorite 80’s band after U2. I love every single song and it all reminds me of high school and hanging out with my friends. I know every word to every song and cried the day Michael Hutchins died. such a sap! lol
    Three Little Birds – by Bob Marley. This song just brings me back to my college days with my best friend, Bridgeen. Every Thursday night was Raggae night at the local bar and we spent many a fun and happy time there dancing and just laughing together all evening. This was one of our favorite songs.
    Kitty by Presidents of the United States of AMerica. This is a very silly rock song – but totally reminds me of my husband. When we first met, this song came on the radio and I said, “Oh, I love this song.” He said, “I have their album.” I said, “I have their album too.” AND – the rest is history!
    Good luck today, Julie!

• Reply Amy Jo August 4, 2011 at 11:22 am

Roxette Joy Ride~ When I was a young silly girl (well I could drive LOL) and there was a guy I just “loved” (haha) and we had broken up…so we would drive by his house playing Joy Ride SUPER loud and SCREAM the chorus out the window!!! “She says, Hello, you fool, I love you!! Come join the joy ride…join the joy ride”. He finally called and said his mom wanted to know what the heck was going on and to PLEASE STOP screaming in front of his house! LOLOL Stupid Stupid Stupid

• Reply Emily August 4, 2011 at 11:37 am

Being in my late 20’s people think it odd that I love 50’s music, all 50’s music, it reminds me of being younger and riding shotgun in my sister’s blue Ford Tempo. The radio in her car only picked up the oldies station and a love for the oldies was born in that car for both of us.
    Recently my family and I have fallen in love with an acapella group called “Straight No Chaser”. They put their own spin on some awesome congs and create mash ups like “You Me & the bottle makes three/Single Ladies” My entire family went to see them in concert 3 days before Christmas and it is awesome! Any time I hear the songs I can see the choreography in my mind. Their website even lets you listen to their music before commiting to buying it!

• Reply Mary Jo Vick August 4, 2011 at 1:19 pm

One early December evening, my (first)husband and I were driving out to the ranch from town. I was following him. It had just began to snow. It was a beautiful evening driving the 10 miles out to the ranch. So, in Alpine, there is only one radio station. We were both listening… all of the sudden he pulled off the highway so I pulled up behind him thinking that something was wrong. And a little perturbed because my favorite song had just come on the radio. He runs back to my truck… leans in and turns the radio up really loud, opens my door and pulls me out into the highway to dance. To Straight Tequila Night. Those were some good times. Thank God for helping me (mostly) remember the good ones!

• Reply Virginia August 4, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Promise Me by Tracy Chapman
    I was standing in the hall waiting for the signal. I hadn’t been nervous at all that day, so I was surprised when 10 minutes earlier, my stomach turned to knots. One of my brothers was missing, had slipped out to see someone. I was told it was time but I kept saying “Not until my other brother comes back.”
    Suddenly, my little brother just two months shy of being my Irish Twin makes his grand appearance and slips my mother’s hand into his elbow. My baby brother, six months my junior—whose birthday happens to be today—took her other elbow. It was then that the signal was made.
    Promise Me began to play from the opened room and the moment I heard the first chord, all knots dissipated and this calm washed over me, a gentle bath.
    My brothers and mother walked down the isle, then my sister and finally me with my father. Before me, with Tracy Chapman singing, was the man who I would start my own family with.
    And Promise Me he did. Always.

• Reply Muddah August 4, 2011 at 2:35 pm

One of my favorite 8 track tapes (that shows my age)was Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band: Live. Reminds me of the summer before my junior year of high school, which was my very favorite year of high school. Good times. Another good one was Fleetwood Mac: Rumours. More high school good memories. The late Paul Davis sang “I Go Crazy” (not sure if that is the correct title), and that makes me think of when my hubby and I were first dating. Funny how songs can bring a memory out of nowhere, sort of like a branding to the brain.
    Hope your Chemo day goes well! Your up-beat attitude is certainly an inspiration to many!

• Reply Sandy August 4, 2011 at 2:37 pm

American Pie by Don McLean. My friends and I would sit in the hallways (high school) and dissect this song endlessly, thinking that if we could just decode it all, we could solve the problems of the world. Also, Rockin’ Robin. It came on the radio when my older (by 13 years) sister and her girlfriend were taking me and 2 of my best friends across the bridge (we were not allowed to cross the Golden Gate alone until we were 18) to go to the art museum and Grace Cathedral for a school assignment. Every time the chorus came on, 3 high school dweebs would “tweet, tweet” at the top of our non-melodic voices. And they didn’t kick us to the curb!

• Reply Steve N Toni Kroll August 4, 2011 at 2:55 pm

The girls and I love a little singer named Rhema. She sings “Amazing Grace” that will make a grown man cry. There is a video of her singing that song and also a video of her singing “Note to God”. Both songs are unreal. And to think that a 7 year old is blessed with that voice. But I love good ole gospel any day of the week. Love you and talk to you later

• Reply Kate in VA August 4, 2011 at 4:01 pm

“I’ll Stop World and Melt With You” by Modern English always takes me back to when I first met my husband and the early days of our relationship. I can’t believe it’s been almost 30 years! When I was going through chemo last summer and fall, I would put on my running shoes, plug in my ipod, and drag my butt out the door and play “Dare You to Move” by Switchfoot and “Roll Away Your Stone” by Mumford and Sons, along with other songs that helped me feel strong and know I would make it through those tough times. Thanks for letting me share! High five for being halfway through! You are so cool!

• Reply Amy | She Wears Many Hats August 4, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I always remember the third grade when I hear “New Kid In Town” by the Eagles. We had just moved and I was the new kid in town, and my parents got me a light blue t-shirt with the title on it all sparkly and stuff. It was a purty shirt.
    Hope you’re doing well sweet sister. Thinking about ya and praying for you daily!

• Reply Hilary August 4, 2011 at 4:57 pm

When I hear “Cherish” by the Association, I get pulled back to high school and the boy who became my husband. It was “our” song. Now, many years later, I have a small collection of little things with CHERISH written on them – a rock, a set of baskets, a wooden sign. My husband and I divorced a long time ago and these items are recent purchases – what does that say about me? We do remain friends though, and I am grateful for that every day. My best to you!

• Reply Bush Babe August 4, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Well I am completely distracted by all the great songs you and others have mentioned …
    Walking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves) – a song that played on the radion when I was young and carefree and had just realised how AMAZING life could be for a 22-year-old in a new town. Every time I hear it, it lifts me up.
    Sweetest Thing (U2) – a bittersweet song really, but just divine and described Mr I and me (blue eyed boy meets brown eyed girl… ooooohhh oh, the Sweetest Thing!) – I am immediately back in my little work car on the Sunshine Coast on a natural high, sometime in the first few weeks of meeting my future hubby!
    Wake Me Up (Before you Go Go) (Wham!) – need I say more? I bopped to this song throughout my late teenage years. I heart Andrew Ridgley. LOL. Always knew George wasn’t for me!
    🙂

• Reply Bush Babe August 4, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Oh Karmyn – your Bonnie Raitt recollections echo mine EXACTLY… still a great song though!

• Reply Steph S. August 5, 2011 at 12:50 am

Wow, I thought I was probably the only one from South Dakota to read this blog! Plus, the only one who might (!) have liked Rick Springfield and Neil Diamond! Although, when I think of music I immediately think of Jimmy Buffet, Kris Kristofferson, Wayne Newton (Daddy don’t you walk so fast) and a whole lot of oldies. My parents introduced me to country music and I have just never moved away from it. Some of my favorites, other than those above, are George Jones, Johnny Cash, young Tanya Tucker, and Charlie Pride, among others. Hope your treatment went as well as it could and saying prayers for you.
    Steph

• Reply jane August 5, 2011 at 8:21 am

the music that brings back the most memories for me is any song by Boston. we used to call that our driving music. we listened to our Boston 8-track every weekend (and all week long) while driving back & forth to college. at some point i loaned the 8-track to our neighbor at school (cute boy!!) and NEVER got it back. joe joy where are you, i want my music back!!! good luck with treatment this week. love the fact that you are halfway thru!!! it’s down hill from here….

• Reply Sheila From Ohio August 5, 2011 at 8:36 am

Julie,
    I was working yesterday and couldn’t respond, hope all went well with you. You are in my prayers to beat this thing!
    Since my name is Sheila; when I was in High School my health teacher used to always since that song, Sheila, Sheila pretty little Sheila. Truthfully, I never really liked that song, LOL!!
    However, I love music and I agree Sirius XM radio rocks! I love anything by Maroon 5; Mercy Me, and Need to Breathe. I can’t specifically state an absolute favorite song. I always have the radio on at home and in the car. I am not an ipod user still in the dark ages using a radio!!
    Hope that today and the weekend are pain free for you.
    Hugs and Prayers from Sheila in Ohio

• Reply Weekend Cowgirl August 5, 2011 at 8:59 am

Hope chemo went well and that you are feeling OK today! I loved Pretty Woman. I can remember the day my grandmother bought me the single 45 of it. I was so excited…
    Hoping you have a good weekend. I know you all are having the heat that we are having. Hoping your place looks better than our ranch. We are dying up and blowing away… just terrible. I am headed to get ice to put in troughs for the animals!!

• Reply Candise August 5, 2011 at 9:59 am

Julie, as I sit here and read these, I get goosebumps waxing nostalgic at some of them. You mentioned Whip It by Devo, Gene Guil and Dane Tolson did a rendition of this song for a talent show when we were in high school. Anyone else remember that? Journey is the BOMB!!! When my husband and I were dating in 99, without fail, each time we were on the phone or together, Open Arms would come on the radio. That was unusual in that year, so we took it as a sign. We would serenade each other when it came on. The Eagles was one of my mothers favorite groups and I too love their music. In the most recent years, I have gotten more into vintemporary music, and there are many, many that I live and perform at Church. I have two real favorites though. Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath and My Chains Are Gone (Amazing Grace) by Chris Tomlin.
    I remember nearly every song mentioned and when I was younger, I thought George Michaels held the heavens and earth. I love classical, I love rock, hip hop, I can tolerate country, but my passion is for Contemporary Christian anymore. Give Me Your Eyes talks about a desire to see people the way God sees them. With my chosen profession, I feel this MUST be my theme song. If I can’t see people the way God sees them, some of them can be very hard to love. Praying for you my friend and your package IS on the way. Sorry if this seems jumbled, but it is hard to edit on the iPod. 🙂

• Reply Wes August 5, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I know I have issues with the keypad (I call it fat finger syndrome or the keys move, I know they do!!) but my comment on music memories, is in the “Let’s be Honest” post for those of you who looked at that said “what the”!! I don’t know how that happened!!!