My Battle with Breast Cancer, You Asked - Answers

Any Questions? – Cancer Edition

IMG_0021 Occasionally, I ask you, my readers, if you have any questions for me and today I am doing just that.  But, it is a cancer edition.

Do you read my posts but still have questions about my current condition?  Cancer?  Chemo? Mastectomy?

Now's your chance to ask.

Ask away, and I will answer these questions on Friday, July 29th.

• Reply Swampwitch July 26, 2011 at 10:39 am

Do you know the things that cancer cannot do ?
    Cancer is so limited . . .
    It cannot cripple Love
    It cannot shatter Hope
    It cannot corrode Faith
    It cannot destroy Peace
    It cannot kill Friendship
    It cannot suppress Memories
    It cannot silence Courage
    It cannot invade the Soul
    It cannot steal eternal Life
    It cannot conquer the Spirit.
    Do you know how much you are loved ?

• Reply connie July 26, 2011 at 4:31 pm

hi, julie … i have a question: did your chemo start immediately after you got your port? if so, did it HURT?? my port is soooooo tender that i can’t imagine getting a needle stuck in it. ouch. also, what kind of cancer is your … her2 positive? hormone positive?
    (i’m gay’s friend who lives in oklahoma city.)
    love,
    conie

• Reply Monie July 26, 2011 at 8:38 pm

If I recall correctly, I believe that you said your surgery was going to be done in two stages…and I wondered about that…as to why they would not do it all at once? It seemed like it would be twice as traumatic and twice as difficult having to go through the surgery twice instead of once…before your reconstruction.
    I also want to say a word of encouragement to you as you are almost to your halfway chemo!

• Reply Betty G July 26, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Julie, I think you are covering your treatments, etc., in a wonderful way. I have no further questions.
    Betty G. in TN

• Reply Bush Babe July 27, 2011 at 1:40 am

Not really a question, but are you planning to celebrate the end of chemo? And is it worse/better than you anticipated?
    Sending love across the waves..

• Reply Kimela July 27, 2011 at 10:26 am

Are you able to receive your treatments close to home? I live near Houston and have known many people who come here for treatment. I hope you are able to stay close to home. I am keeping you on our prayer list.
    Have a blessed day!
    Kim

• Reply Carolyn July 27, 2011 at 6:40 pm

How do you keep your spirits up?
    How do you pray about this?
    What’s something new you learned about yourself in this ordeal?

• Reply denny144 July 27, 2011 at 6:47 pm

I had a brain tumor removed 10 years ago. Once I recovered, I started putting together a mental bucket list and I’ve been working on checking things off ever since. A lot of small things and some big ones that I’ve always wanted to do and decided to not put off any longer. Do you have a bucket list, even one you might have had before you found out about the cancer? Are you the “I’ve re-thought my priorities” kind of person now or are you “I’m not doing anything differently just because I have cancer” kind of person?

• Reply debby July 28, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Not a question, but that BB knows how to throw an end of chemo party. Just saying.
    Do you still feel sometimes like this is not happening? I just had such a feeling of disbelief about the whole thing. During it. After it even. I never quite figured out whether it was a self protective thing, or a refusal to deal with reality. I don’t know. It didn’t really begin to seem real to me until after treatment, when I was back at work.

• Reply MIss July 29, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Your zest for life wow’s me every time I visit your blog. I know I always say this but I really admire you sharing so much!