Travel

Road Trip – June 2011

ACR_1444

Last week we hit the road for a long overdue week long vacation.  Just me and McD.  We started planning this vacation back in March or April, and we were planning on taking the trip in July.  In April life threw us a curveball, so in May we decided to just take the trip a month early.   I am so glad that we did!

We were cruising down the road when we came upon this group of bikers.  My Dad had a chopper back in the day, and these guys made me think of  him.  We were in Nebraska going North to South Dakota, and just figured that these guys were headed to Sturgis, SD.  Who knows whether they did or not, but it sounded good at the time.

These guys were from Nebraska, that is where the bikes were tagged, so they didn't have to travel as far as we had but, can you imagine driving down the road with your arms over your head?  I can't. It just doesn't look comfortable to me.

We traveled to nine states in seven days.

Kansas – Nebraska – South Dakota – Wyoming – Montana – Idaho – Utah – Colorado – Oklahoma

We went to Mount Rushmore, Little Big Horn, The Top of the World, Yellowstone, The Grand Tetons, and Grand Junction, CO.  I will be sharing photos and stories throughout the weeks to come.

I would like to thank everyone for their travel tips!  I wish we could have done all of the things people suggested.  Monie suggested that we float the Snake River, but all of the rivers were high.  We didn't see anyone on the rivers.  We didn't have time to do everything, but we have decided that this was just a trial run and we will go back when we have time to do more.

• Reply BethZimmerman June 17, 2011 at 1:25 pm

So … first of all I’m glad to know that is not YOU on the motorcycle! And second … I agree with you! Not comfortable. It makes my back hurt just to think about it!
    I’m so glad you were able to go and have a good time! We do get more pictures, don’t we?

• Reply Julie June 17, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Re: TypePad: [Another Chance Ranch] BethZimmerman submitted a comment on "Road Trip – June 2011"
    YES! More photos to come.  I am trying to catch up on laundry and stuff from the trip today.  This is the only photo that I have even opened from our trip. 🙂 Soon!  I promise!

• Reply Monie June 17, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I’m so glad you had a great trip, Julie. There will be another day for the Snake River. From your posts/pictures, it looks like you and your hubby saw all the best things…thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

• Reply Keri June 18, 2011 at 5:43 am

Can’t wait to hear more about this trip! Thats something I hope we are able to do with our children one of these days, before they are all grown and no longer want to vacation with us. So much out there to see. What a great reminder how big this place is.

• Reply sayre June 18, 2011 at 6:30 am

I love long road trips but haven’t been on one since the boy was born (12 years ago). I took him on a short one a couple of years ago and he seems to like them too. One day, I’ll toss him in the car and we’ll just go. But as long as we have dogs, that’s not going to happen.

• Reply Stacy June 18, 2011 at 6:49 am

My husband always says the same thing about the bikes with those handlebars. I’ve seen guys riding them at stop lights shaking their arms out and flexing their hands so it must not be very comfy. I can’t imagine the “crotch rockets” are much better, what with being hunched forward over the handlebars.
    Glad you were able to get away and have such a good trip. It’s important to keep your spirits up right now. My dad’s doctors always said attitude is half the battle.

• Reply Jen June 18, 2011 at 10:35 am

The trip you made is one that we plan on doing…would love to hear details.

• Reply Betty G June 18, 2011 at 11:53 am

So glad you were able to make the trip and get away for a week. You really covered some territory! I will wait for more pix until you have time for posting. Enjoy yourselves!
    Betty in TN

• Reply Brittney June 20, 2011 at 8:03 am

I can’t wait to see more pictures! It would be great if you can do individual posts of each place you went to. =D
    We’re heading up to Grand Junction next month to visit family. I’ve never been so I’m really excited!