Uncategorized

Fun Monday – Halloween 2010

Faye over at Summit Musings is hosting today's Fun Monday.

Our assignment:

October 25 Topic: Let's celebrate Halloween and the pleasures of dressing up by sharing a costume or character that you'd most enjoying being for a day. If you were going to a Halloween–or other costume–party, who or what would you like to be? Now don't everyone pick Lady Gaga. Or, if you want to share photos of your resident small goblins, that's great too.

Well, I don't have the kiddos here to snap nifty photos, and I don't really plan on dressing up this year.  But.  If I were going to dress up, I would go as…

Abby_NCIS-209x300
Abby Sciuto on NCIS

I might just draw a happy face on my middle finger, and just see if anyone notices. :)

Head on over to Faye's to see who else is playing on this Fun Monday.  It's not too late to sign up to play.

Thanks for hosting Fun Monday in October, Faye.  I am looking forward to hosting in November.  I hope some of the old gang will join us again!  Karmyn? Pamela? Swampy? Vicki? Peter? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

• Reply Monie October 25, 2010 at 2:57 pm

I always wanted the costume that ‘Glenda the Good Witch’ wore in the Wizard of Oz. She was just so sparkly and glittery and dazzling and, and just covered from head to toe in rhinestones and sequins and, and she had a wand…which was also very cool. Sorry for the multiple use of ‘ands’….but I mean, how else do you add the necessary emphasis here?!!!! Sparkle, sparkle…dazzle, dazzle…!

• Reply Monie October 25, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Which reminds me of another cinematic moment that was also equally sparkly, glittery, and dazzling, but much more elegant…the dress/costume Audrey Hepburn wore in My Fair Lady, when she was introduced to ‘proper’ society. That gorgeous white, rhinestone studded, supremely bedazzled number has always occupied a spot on my wish list…or should I say ‘covet’ list. Happiness.

• Reply Janis October 25, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Another ncis fan…I am going to have to watch it sometime. BTW The reason why our township does trick or treat the tuesday before Halloween is…to prevent a huge crowd…since halloween is a big big event here in this neck of the woods all the townships stagger their trick or treat time. Thanks for sharing and Happy Fun Monday Julie

• Reply Monie October 25, 2010 at 3:29 pm

And then there’s Pioneer Woman’s bedazzled, leather jacket that I’m dying to know what happened to…do you know? I bet she’s probably having serious regrets over letting that one go!!! I hope it found a good home…I hope it went to someone who appreciates all that glistens!!!

• Reply ari_1965 October 25, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Nah, I went to Catholic school. No plaid skirts for me ever again.

• Reply church lady October 25, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Ok, ok. I guess I need to watch NCIS. I am now more than ever curious about these characters! I will have to remember that line. LOL
    I will check back end of the week to see what your assignment will be.

• Reply faye October 25, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Great minds, Julie! Abby is a more apt choice for Halloween with her goth leanings. I’m loving the Halloween episode where she has to come back in the lab in her Marilyn Monroe costume. DiNozzo and McGee’s expressions, priceless.
    See you later in the week to find out what’s in store for November.

• Reply Jenni in KS October 26, 2010 at 7:05 am

Abby would be a good one for you! I can understand why Lady Gaga is a hit for Halloween this year, though. I don’t care much for her, but she has some crazy costumes that would be fun to imitate. As for what I would be, I haven’t thought about costumes in so long that I have no idea. I’ve always liked scrounging things up at Goodwill or making them instead of the cheesy (and expensive!) costumes you can find at the stores, though.

• Reply Jill October 27, 2010 at 8:42 am

Will you post a full list of Novembers topics or send them to me so I don’t end up scrambling at the last minute trying to make up anything new in case I try and do the same ones? thanks
    NCIS seems popular maybe we should watch it. Ha!