Uncategorized

Pink is the New Green

Here at Another Chance Ranch we are going Green Pink!

Last October our local grocer was selling these eco-friendly shopping bags for under a buck.  Yes, really!  You can hardly get anything for under a buck these days.  So, I thought we should quit asking for plastic every time the little sacker dude asked, "Paper or plastic."  Either way you go it is just bad for our planet.  That is not me talking, that would be all the eco-friendly people.  I am just warming up to it, so I am not considered eco-friendly just yet.

Most of the reusable shopping bags around these parts have been green, due to going "green."  But these were pink, and 100% of the proceeds went to breast cancer research.

So, I bought like 10 of them.

©JulieK_P069

See the one standing up on the right?  The two little white dots are snaps.  It is pretty slick if you ask me.

Check this out.

©JulieK_P071
Pretty cool huh!?

Have you adopted anything "green" in your home?

• Reply Jenni in KS July 7, 2010 at 8:01 am

I have a few cloth shopping bags, but I’m hesitant to go with all cloth. I reuse my bags for trash liners instead of buying those. Do super-green, cloth-bag-only people just not use trash liners? Inquiring minds want to know!

• Reply lindy Shugart July 7, 2010 at 8:20 am

I’ve been using reusable bags for 15 years…when I remember to put them in my car…or take them out of my car and into the house 🙂 I love the pink ones!
    I made your Skillet Lasagna last night…yum!

• Reply leslie July 7, 2010 at 8:53 am

I have a bazillion of the cloth bags IN MY HOUSE since I never have one IN THE CAR with me, and I’m always buying another one. If I could only figure out a way to remember to put one of them back IN MY CAR, I’ll be all set.
    I do ask for paper once in a while since I need them to collect recycling.

• Reply Kila July 7, 2010 at 9:03 am

The cloth shopping bags are popular here in Florida. They weren’t in Wisconsin.
    As for “green”, I do like natural cleaners over toxic store-bought bathroom and kitchen cleaners.

• Reply Jen July 7, 2010 at 11:59 am

I have the reusible bags too…problem is usully remembering to stick them in the car and then into the store with me!
    Blessings.

• Reply Vicki Madden July 7, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I’m more concerned with organic beef.
    (LAUGHING!! Please let McD read this, please!)

• Reply Megan (Best of Fates) July 7, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Just after I’d told myself I would never again buy a reusable shopping bag (Tragically, I own quite a few and yet never quite manage to remember to bring them with me to the store!) Giant came out with their Breast Cancer Awareness pink bags.
    Suffice to say, my promise was not kept.

• Reply Naomi July 7, 2010 at 7:35 pm

we’ve got a gabillion of the reusable shopping bags, some cloth, some not. i have one of the original reusable bags that safeway came out with before boy was born 18 years ago. it stays in my purse for those small purchases when we forget to bring bags or go to the store on impulse. we have bags from costco, superstore, coop, shoppers drug mart and even rona. sometimes we don’t bother with a bag. for one or two items it’s not worth it.
    i don’t buy things that a portion of the money goes to a charity. usually it’s a very small portion. if i want to donate to a charity, i’ll do so straight up and skip the middle man.

• Reply Di July 7, 2010 at 10:22 pm

We do our grocery shopping at Kroger and went green with them quite some time ago.. I no longer allow plastic bags to enter our home. The ‘green’ shopping bags are sooo handy. Just love them.
    Di

• Reply Joanie July 8, 2010 at 9:59 am

• Reply Joanie July 8, 2010 at 10:00 am

• Reply Joanie July 8, 2010 at 10:00 am

• Reply http://www.gamecoins.pro/ February 28, 2017 at 10:42 am

atmoda saka:Andris rakstÄ«ja viedus vārdus,bet pārÄ“jie tikai par moÅ¡anos.Likumi un plikumi jau sen ir novecojuÅ¡i,bet ko jau sen gatavojās jaunā Å¡Ä·ira ,piem.žurnāls “IR” esot izdevis grāmatu par zagļiem mazākajiem (pirkt viņu nevajaga,jo” cilvÄ“kam” ir jau sen zināms,labāk nopirkt gaļas gabaliņu ).Jautājums ,kāpÄ“c jaunā latvieÅ¡u tauta tagad grib gāzt no troņa vecos zagļus? AcÄ«m redzot prezidÄ“jošās vietas jāatbrÄ«vo izredzÄ“tai Å¡Ä·irai kas nāks no dienvidiem.