Uncategorized

A Stitchin’ Fool

Footprints, originally uploaded by Another Chance Ranch.

This is the year of the Hobbies for me. Years ago I started several cross-stitch projects, and this is the year I am going to finish said projects. This photo is the one I am really concerned with finishing. The others will fall in after this one has been completed and framed.

My other hobbies include reading and photography. I do intend to focus on these as well. I joined GoodReads.com and I plan on using that site to keep track of all the books I plan to read, and get read. Check it out if you like to read, then be sure to friend me so we can recommend books to each other.

Do you have hobbies? Or are you starting new ones? I would love to start knitting; I’ve mentioned that before, but I really want to get some of these projects finished before I create more. 🙂

• Reply Kimi B January 3, 2010 at 10:49 am

I had to put down a favorite horse this past year, and I would like to draw a collage of her in various poses, then matte it & frame it – with her hair braided around the matte border. That’s a big one.
    I also do photography & painting. We’ll see how it goes. Good luck with the cross stitch!

• Reply leslie January 3, 2010 at 12:24 pm

I used to do counted cross stitch, until I got too blind to see the tiny symbols in the tiny squares, and I had to give it up. You can see some of my work here: http://thecrookedstamper.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-passion-pre-stamping.html
    Now I do rubber stamping and make cards, and I love it!
    I congratulate you on picking up your work and finishing it. You DO plan to finish it, right? Please share them when they are done!

• Reply Lea Ann Brown January 3, 2010 at 2:43 pm

My hobbies are cooking, stained glass, reading, birdwatching and blogging. I’d love to knit. I took one class, I know the basics, but have just never taken it up.

• Reply Destiny D January 3, 2010 at 6:21 pm

I have always enjoyed photography until I bought a camera so far over my head earlier this year. As a result, I didn’t take a picture for months … now, I’m slowly, slowly, attempting to learn it with help from my 16 year old son. I am also planning to spend time making personalized pottery gifts this year. I, unfortunately, want to keep everything I make, so I figure that if I personalize things that I HAVE to give it to the person it was intended for.

• Reply another joy January 4, 2010 at 8:52 am

I crochet, and I LOVE it! I finally made us matching Christmas stockings, and I think they are adorable. I have some cross-stitch patterns that I’d like to do sometime, but that would take my time away from crocheting, so it’s a tough decision.

• Reply Sarah A January 8, 2010 at 10:24 am

I am a hobby person for sure- I have tried many crafts but currently I am loving LOVING crochet!! I am a novice but it is such a joy for me to create something and then give it away!!

• Reply Melanie January 8, 2010 at 11:04 am

Back in 2008 I worked on a huge cross-stitching project in honor of the birth of my nephew. I haven’t been able to summon up the energy to stitch again since that beast, but I think 2010 is the time to start again. Also, you will really like GoodReads. I started using that site almost 2 years ago and it is a great system. Now I never forget what books I want to read next! I found your site from Pioneer Woman’s twitter, FYI. Didn’t want to seem like a weirdo!