Not My Day to Die, Uncategorized

Not My Day to Die – Part III

After reading my two previous posts Part I and Part II I realized that I left some little things out that should be said.

First of all, Frank is my HERO!! I have had people ask me, “So, who would your hero be?” Well, I have a hero and his name is Frank. The day I dropped dead Frank was right behind me. Things happen for a reason, I believe this. If we had left the farm show we would have been on the road going to my birthday party and I wouldn’t be here today. If Frank had not have been there I believe I wouldn’t be here. The other guy that helped with CPR had to run to his car to get his little CPR mouthpiece. I know he ran, but I could have been a vegetable by the time he got back. Frank had taken the CPR training. Frank had used CPR on two other people before me. Both of them died. One of them was his Uncle. They said he left the booth at the farm show and went to the hospital. He was pretty shaken up. We now have “Our Anniversary.” I will never forget April 17, 1999 and the man that saved my life. Every year I at least send him a card. The first 5 years I made sure he received a gift of some sort. Sometimes I send a plant but it will probably be cards for the most part. It got to be kind of hard to come up with creative gifts for him. (If you have a good idea, please comment.)

The day I left the hospital was my 29th birthday. Oh no – I guess you all know how old I am now! Please don’t hold it against me Pamela. Apparently, while we were cruisin’ the farm show I found a bracelet that I really liked. McD told one of the people I worked with to get the bracelet so he could get it without me knowing it. While I was in the hospital he, my whole family, and friends had a blast giving me that gift. I call it cruelty but I guess I played right along. But I wasn’t playing. Here is how it went (or as I was told):

McD: Happy Early Birthday!!! Here’s your gift. (I don’t know if it was in a box or gift bag or anything.)

ME: Oh I love it!!! Thank you!

(Less than 5 minutes later…or when another person arrived that had not witnessed the cruelty.)

McD: Happy Early Birthday!!!! Here’s your gift.

ME: Oh I love it!!! Thank you!!

I couldn’t remember crap! If someone walked out of the room and then back in I greeted them like I hadn’t seen them yet. 🙂 Needless to say, they had too much fun with that and today they still laugh about it. Of course how could you not laugh at that. I do. I shouldn’t say this, but since McD already knows this (although he will act like he didn’t) I can’t figure out what I liked about the bracelet. When I recovered I asked him if I REALLY wanted it, or if I was just being nice when I said I liked it. I hardly ever wear the bracelet, but will keep it forever!

My life now with my heart condition. Since I do have the implanted defibrillator I have to go in every 6 months for them to check the battery, wires, and to see if I had any more episodes aka shocks. After years of wondering I was finally told that “more than likely” it was a virus in my heart. They actually said, more than likely. Oh my! I was told that my battery would last around 8 to 10 years. It depends on how many times it shocks me. I will probably have it for 9 or 10 years. Hopefully they are smaller next time. I have an exact replica (minus all the wires and computer chips) that I will take a photo of so you can see one. I am not on any medication, thank goodness! The only thing that is a pain is the airport thing I mentioned in an earlier post. And magnets! I cannot wear magnet name tags or get a magnet close to my chest or my chest starts beeping. It is just one constant beeeeeeeeeeeep, but it is embarrassing. I am not supposed to ride roller coasters (which I love) or anything too adventurous. That is okay. I will take the life or roller coaster trade off.

And since I received emails and comments on how I shouldn’t start posts about something like this and then stop midstream. I am finishing this one. I apologize in advance for it being too long. WT – I understand if you don’t read it all in one sitting.

The Shock of my life! Cheeky commented that she knew someone in school that had a defibrillator and that they could tell when he got his little shocks. I know nothing of a see url follow link blank research paper outline template apa health net viagra non-formulary viagra ups delivery source link help with writing thesis follow url writing spider cialis miamitown myth of sisyphus essay cialis patent ende help with shakespeare homework essay on role of education how to do thesis chapter 3 dissertation topic good authors for research papers follow url carol christmas essay paper writing help enter edinburgh viagra tid search charles how to write a conclusion paragraph for narrative essay see valtrex capl viagra online australia pay pal little shock. Apparently they had my settings different than his. A few months after everything happened McD and I went to the lake with his family. I LOVE going to the lake!!! I was raised going to the lake. McD and I took our SeaDoo and away we went. We cruised the lake several times before I finally told him that I wished he would at least drive the thing. He was putting around like an old person. Inner tube floaters were passing us!! Okay, it wasn’t that bad, but it was slow. I like going fast! Doing 360ºs. All of it! He decided that I should drive because I would know better what I could handle. My wound was still healing, and I think he was just afraid he would hurt me. (I was pretty thin and fragile looking, but felt okay.)

I jumped at the chance to drive the SeaDoo. I hadn’t been able to for months, this was our first trip back to the lake. I kicked it up to about 45 mph and hit a 360º. As the nose of the SeaDoo was coming out of the water (coming out of the donut) my defibrillator shocked me. The shock knocked me to the back of the SeaDoo (a three-seater) and McD was having to hang on. It nearly knocked him off of it, he was on the edge. He felt the shock through both of our life jackets. This was the first time I realized that there really was something wrong with my heart. I couldn’t remember any thing that happened to cause me to get the defib. So this was my eye opener. The shock took a lot out of me. Probably because I was so weak still. McD left me in front of him and I was just kind of limp. I was bent over with my head resting kind of on the handlebars. Then I remembered that McD’s oldest brother was there. He had just lost his son in a car wreck. I didn’t want him to see me all limp laying over the handlebars so I leaned back against McD. I tried my hardest not to lose it (cry) but when I saw his face I couldn’t hold it in. He was white as a sheet. I felt so bad for scaring him. But I was okay. We went to the doctor the next day and they just had my settings too low. They increased the settings so now my heart rate has to get up to 214 beats before I get a shock, or it has to get really, really low. I haven’t had a shock since. Thank goodness. It felt like I was kicked by a horse, I hope I never get shocked again.

Again, sorry this is so long!

Previous Post Next Post

No Comments

Leave a Reply